Who We Are
Textron Systems is part of Textron, a $14 billion, multi-industry company employing 35,000 talented makers, thinkers, creators and doers worldwide. We make things that fly, hover, zoom and launch. Things that move people. Protect soldiers. Power industries. We serve customers in industries spanning aerospace and defense, specialized vehicles, turf care and fuel systems.
This role is in Textron System’s Unmanned Systems business area. Visit TextronSystems.com to read more about who we are and the products we make!
About This Role
We believe people should love what they do – in this role, you will be responsible for providing engineering support on both next generation technologies and proven platforms that support and protect our deployed warfighter.
• Create imaginative, thorough, practical technical solutions to a wide range of difficult aerostructure engineering problems
• Work cohesively on a multi-functional team with exciting technologies and products
• Participate as an individual contributor in development of aero-electro-mechanical hardware across all phases of the product lifecycle, from concept development to lab integration and evaluation through end of life support
• Manage and initiate your own activities in line with the broader project schedule and Principal Engineer guidance
• Perform detailed design of aeromechanical and electromechanical structures and subsystems using solid modeling, requirements analysis, trade studies, mechanical analysis including structural, thermal, and tolerance analysis, human interface design, design for cost and design for manufacturability
• Generate substantiating design and analysis documentation, review presentation materials, test plans, subcontractor statements of work, vendor control documents and installation documents
• Provide direction to other engineers, support personnel and integrated product team members, as required
• Provide formal product definition to Designers, check drawings and authorize their release
• Represent the aerostructures team and company during internal and external reviews, interactions and test programs